Want to be the first to hear about book releases?
Subscribe Now and get a free copy of Childish Things: Stories of Growing Up
- A Very Short Story (Tape Recorder)
- A Very Short Story (Slam)
- A Very Short Story (Phones)
- A Very Short Story (Chanting)
- A Very Short Story (Undress)
- Every Chicken, Cow, Fish, and Frog: Animal rights haiku anthology
- A Very Short Story (Knees)
- A Very Short Story (Underestimate)
- A Very Short Story (WILL)
- A Very Short Story (Friends)
Tag Archives: story
He held his peace and followed his mother and her traveling suitcase of magic tricks out of the building.
“No one is safe,” she said, “until I am safe.”
I will never tell you my name in this little horror story. Because it doesn’t matter. Because I’m you.
He smiled a rusty smile. “I turn my mud into bricks, son. What do you turn your mud into?”
The storm knocked down all her windchimes.
She played nine bingo cards at once, one for each of her imaginary boyfriends.
He slid his saxophone under the bed before we got naked on it, and I think it made the whole thing better. I really do. Excerpted from Before the Ripcord Broke: Stories