Want to be the first to hear about book releases?
Subscribe Now and get a free copy of Childish Things: Stories of Growing Up
- A Very Short Story (Cherry Petals)
- A Very Short Story (Motel)
- A Very Short Story (Clowns)
- A Very Short Story (African Queen)
- New story, “Small Talk” is now on Amazon
- New story “Small Talk” available for pre-order
- A Very Short Story (Tape Recorder)
- A Very Short Story (Slam)
- A Very Short Story (Phones)
- A Very Short Story (Chanting)
Category Archives: Flash Fiction
Before she knew it her dress was covered in white cherry petals and her lips were covered with warm kisses. Advertisements
“Honey, you’re going to need to get a motel somewhere. Nobody just ‘drives through’ Texas.”
He gave me a big smile. “Clowns like beer just fine. You just never asked.”
I could grade thirty essays or I could watch The African Queen again on the TV with my new boyfriend…
They each got a tape recorder for Christmas. Joe lost his before New Year’s and Jane used hers to tell the truth about their mother.
Mara met Ezekiel at a poetry slam. She didn’t understand a single thing he said, but she knew she wanted his crazy arms around her.
We pushed all the chairs together at one end of the floor and stacked the phones on a desk. We hoped someone would want them.
“I’m sorry, I really can’t listen to what you’re saying right now. All I know is, what we did was bad karma and I’ve got a lot of chanting to do.”
She was shy to undress in front of the full moon.
She read a book. He studied her bare knees.